It’s easy to underestimate the importance of a positive therapeutic environment. However, creating a warm and inviting space can significantly impact your emotional well-being and overall progress in recovery. In addition, the therapeutic environment can often be the second home for patients who have had an injury or need unique rehabilitation services. Therefore, it’s important to make sure the space is comfortable and feels like a safe haven for healing.
The Science Behind Proper Healing Environments
According to a study from Science Direct, factors that affected the patients’ perspective of their healing space strongly contributed to their physical and emotional well-being, including lowering stress levels, improving recovery time, and increasing motivation.
As a result, when people stay in a rehab facility that focuses on one’s whole health, they will be less likely to view it as a “recovery” and more like a “home.” Warm paint colors, large windows and artwork all promote feelings of tranquility.
What Amenities Contribute to Whole-Health Healing?
In a post-acute rehab facility where the mission is to provide upscale services to promote healing and tranquility, you will find:
- Private rooms that feel like a home with comfortable furniture, large on-suite bathrooms with roll-in showers, premium cable, and flat-screen TVs
- Shaded, outdoor recreational areas that allow for fresh air and organized or individualize activities to improve mood and motivation
- A family gathering room for visits and support from loved ones to enhance emotional well-being
- Hair and nail salons (when you look good, you feel good!)
- Fine dining that provides nourishing meals for healing and addresses any dietary restrictions
- Coffee bars for guests and visitors
- Access to specially trained staff and coordinated care for peace of mind
- An overall modern, luxurious environment
A Proper Healing Environment Can Benefit Patients
For patients in a rehab environment, their overall well-being is enhanced when the focus is not only on their physical recovery but on their mental wellness. This, in turn, leads to better recovery outcomes. Overall, creating a warm and inviting therapy environment is an important aspect of the healing process.
Contact Diamondback Healthcare Center For More Information
Looking for an all-private room for post-acute rehabilitation care for your loved one in the Phoenix-metro area? Look no further than Diamondback Healthcare Center. We provide a warm and inviting environment that can significantly improve one’s emotional well-being and overall progress in recovery. Contact us today to learn more about our unique rehabilitation services and how we can help you or a loved one get the quality clinical care necessary for recovery.