Diamondback Healthcare Center includes a 70-bed sub-acute rehabilitation neighborhood offering patients with tracheostomies, ventilators, and ongoing dialysis needs exceptional care as they rehabilitate in private suites. The therapy treatment gym is furnished with the industry’s best equipment, including a full-size kitchen and laundry for occupational therapy. Beautiful living rooms, a full-service restaurant, bistro, and accessible outdoor areas, add to the restorative environment.
At Diamondback Healthcare Center, we have set out to change the traditional rehabilitation after a hospital stay model by providing attentive care at our skilled nursing facilities from our team of nurses and specialty physicians in the most comfortable setting possible.
Private accommodations to promote healing and rest
We give every patient the dignity they deserve in a private suite of their own.
Each suite has all the amenities, including:
- 55” Amazon Firestick with multiple streaming services
- In-room phones with direct phone numbers
- Upholstered recliners
- Extra visitor seating
- A personal chest of drawers
- A closet for clothing
- A spacious ensuite bathroom
The soothing paint colors, artwork, and large windows help create an environment of tranquility and healing.
Chef Curated Dining
We believe that nutritious and well-presented food can be a powerful aspect of the therapeutic environment. It evokes feelings of comfort and safety during times when we need it most. From hamburgers to mushroom risotto, our Executive Chef puts together dining menus that he is proud to serve. He also will not hesitate to whip up special requests.
Through our affiliation with Lincare Ventilator Services, we are excited to offer high acuity, state-of-the-art respiratory therapy services for patients who require ventilator management and/or tracheostomy care.
Our mission is to assist patients in weaning from ventilators by providing them additional time and medically directed care by our respiratory therapy team 24 hours a day. Lincare Ventilator Services utilizes best practice protocols and procedures in delivering care by our nationally credentialed and state-licensed practitioners.
As part of the commitment to provide our residents with the best care and quality of life, we now offer DaVita dialysis at our facility. This means residents with medical conditions that require dialysis can dialyze conveniently and comfortably—with no more trips to a dialysis center.
By removing the need to travel to treatment, residents may experience reduced stress and benefit from smoother care coordination between our care team, the nephrologist, and the onsite DaVita care team. This will save hours of therapy time by eliminating commuting time and coordination.
Additionally, patients receive safe, high-quality therapy from a dialysis leader with 20 years of experience and established and proven clinical procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is sub-acute the same as rehab?
Yes. Sub-acute is a form of short-term rehabilitation. Patients come to these types of settings after the hospital or as a step down from acute rehabilitation. Sub-acute rehabilitation focuses on helping individuals regain their independence through physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapies.
How long is sub-acute care on average?
The average sub-acute rehabilitation stay is two weeks, while some stays can be as long as three months. The length of stay varies depending on the patient’s condition, how quickly they recover, patient effort in therapy, and insurance approval.
What type of care do patients receive at a sub-acute rehab facility?
At Diamondback Healthcare Center, we offer many care specialties, including:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation – treating musculoskeletal disorders that affect the body’s joints, muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, cartilage, and skin. These conditions include broken bones, sprains, strains, arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sports injuries, and many others
- Ventilator weaning program – recovering from respiratory failure caused by various medical conditions
- Tracheostomy care – caring for patients with a trach tube placed in their windpipe
- In-house dialysis – dialyze conveniently and comfortably without commuting to a dialysis center
- Intravenous (IV) infusions – administering medications and fluids via IV
- Coordinated case management – between all your providers to ensure you are getting the best overall care
- Dietary services – preparing special diets for patients who need specific restrictions
- Wound care – healing wounds and burns
- Psychotherapy – providing counseling to help patients deal with emotional issues
- Podiatry – treating foot problems
- Medication management – managing prescriptions and monitoring side effects
- On-call physicians – if needed, we have an on-call physician when you are not feeling well
- 24/7 nursing care – nurses are always available to provide assistance and support
How can I get a referral to Diamondback Healthcare Center for rehabilitation?
If you or a loved one is in the hospital or acute setting, the attending physician will decide if it is appropriate to come to sub-acute/post-acute rehabilitation to continue recovery. When the hospital asks if you have a preference of facilities, let them know you prefer Diamondback Healthcare Center, and they will send us the referral.
Contact Us Today!
*Please don’t include any personal health-related information in your message.